5 Basic Supplements recommended for the average jo!
Most people know it is important to take a multivitamin these days, but many don't realize that because our diets at best are good, but lacking in many essential nutrients, multivitamins are an essential supplement.
Multivitamins are good, but don't provide enough of other vital vitamins and minerals that we need. Companies can either not put enough of the vitamin or mineral in the single multivitamin pill to cover all the basics without making it golf ball size! And then there is the problem some of the essential nutrients can't be put into a tablet or ordinary capsule, as they will denature.
The top 5 Basic daily supplements are:
1. Multivitamin (make sure it contains at least 25-50mg of all B vitamins, not to mention all the basics)
2. Vitamin C (make sure the vitamin C is in the Ester-C form, because it is non-acidic & a much better form of the vitamin than ascorbic acid)
3. Essential Fatty Acids (not standard salmon oil, pure preferably wild harvested salmon oil or any other good quality deep sea fish oil - cod liver isn't a strong source of essential fats)
4. Calcium Complex with magnesium, boron, potassium & Vit D (to be taken at night NB after supper, best citrate or other forms, any but not the carbonate or dolomite forms of calcium which our bodies can't breakdown effectively)
5. Probiotics 15 billion or more (Lactobacillus acidophilus (NCFM® strain) & Bifidobacterium lactis, because of meat & milk products being contaminated with antibiotics & the overuse of antibiotics)
Those are the basics in my opinion.
Please post any queries.
About The Author:
After eight years in the retail side of the health industry, much accumulation of knowledge and information I changed industries completely and gone back to my graphic design roots. I still wish to help inform people on natural alternatives, as well as help people when they are choosing to use natural alternatives to treat disorders, diseases and distresses.
(Read more posts by Charlie)
Posted in: Health,Useful Guides by Charlie on November 20, 2012 @ 3:55 pm
Tags: best omega 3 supplement; best omega 3 supplements; essential supplements; multivitamins; supplements
Excellent content, very very valuable. Bookmarked, bumped, liked and tweeted for you. ~ http://XeeMe.com/HenriLigsay
These are the basics. The probiotics can be taken through homemade kefir water or milk, or from certain foods like yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut. Personally, I don't recommend the pharmaceutical companies' multivitamins, but one with as many natural ingredients as possible.
[…] I did an article on the five best supplements. I am going to rehash a little of it as a recap and then add on a few more that are also great […]